Just for a change, I wanted to offer you a short, snappy blog post. If anyone needed a sure-fire recipe for an emotionally abusive relationship, this would have to be it.
- Make excuses for your partner’s bad behavior, time and time again.
- Take sole responsibility for making the relationship work.
- Tolerate your partner making hurtful remarks about you.
- Give the relationship one more try, and then another, and another…
- Focus on your partner’s potential, not how they usually behave in the relationship.
- Always ask yourself: “Is it my fault?”
- Repeatedly allow your partner to override your wants and needs.
- Treat yourself like you don’t matter.
- Tolerate drug, or alcohol abuse, or infidelities.
- Constantly tell yourself you can’t leave because you’ll never find a partner as wonderful as this person who is making you miserable.
This nasty little recipe is guaranteed to produce nasty results, every time – as you know to your cost.
If you find this short blog post helpful, and would like other Top Tips, please leave a comment and let me know. 🙂
Annie Kaszina, international Emotional Abuse Recovery specialist and award-winning author of 3 books designed to help women recognise and heal from toxic relationships so that they can build healthy, lasting relationships with the perfect partner for them, blogs about all aspects of abuse, understanding Narcissists and how to avoid them and building strong self-worth. To receive Annie’s blog direct to your Inbox just leave your details here.
The 5 Simple Steps to Healing from Narcissistic Abuse
Over the next 5 days, I'll send you some lessons and tips that I've found have really helped women to heal from narcissistic abuse. Starting with the basics.